B.3.1 The __proto__ pseudo property

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Tue Apr 23 01:57:58 PDT 2013

On 22 April 2013 22:15, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> We don't currently have the concept of an object "belonging" to a realm.  Functions have a realm association, but not non-function object.

I thought the current plan of record is to require this check for
reflected uses of protosetter.call? So I don't see how we can avoid
introducing that concept (and to answer Mark's question re
implementation: in V8 at least it has always been available -- it may
be that the DOM already requires it, but I'm not sure).

My only new(?) observation was that we already need that check for
unreflected uses if we are serious about maintaining the invariant
that I thought we intended to maintain. And as a consequence, we don't
actually need any magic for __proto__. You should like that. :)

/Andreas