Futures

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 10:53:53 PDT 2013

> I would love to see this, but best I can tell it can't be a straitforward
> polyfill. The necessary infrastructure has to settle, and what are
> Promises/A+ implementers supposed to do in the meantime?

Presumably the standard version of Future would provide some convenient way
to get the symbol.  The library would use that to conditionally provide the
symbol-named alias.  Something along these lines:

    if (typeof Future !== "undefined")
        MyPromise.prototype[Future.thenSymbol] = MyPromise.prototype.then;

No?

{ Kevin }