B.3.1 The __proto__ pseudo property

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Apr 21 20:48:00 PDT 2013

Again, you're inventing something new. Always risky, ignoring the
throw-up-in-mouth effect :-|.

Now the burden is on someone (who?) to find code on the web that uses
the quoted form expecting the same results as the unquoted form, which
is what all implementations I know of indeed provide.

Who will do that search? Finding such code would disprove the hypothesis
of course, but usually we end up with absence of evidence, which is not
evidence of absence.

/be