B.3.1 The __proto__ pseudo property

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Apr 21 20:45:06 PDT 2013

Andrea may be asking for less than the standard someday removing
__proto__, if I read him right. He's asking not to keep it
"indestructible", i.e., to make

   delete Object.prototype.__proto__

remove all the magic, including for 'o = {__proto__: p}'.

But that seems to require using [[Put]] rather than [[SetInheritance]],
and you said that's a security problem. Could you show how? I asked in
my immediately preceding message how creating custom proto-chains for
guaranteed fresh objects via literals makes trouble for SES.

/be