B.3.1 The __proto__ pseudo property

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Apr 21 11:12:59 PDT 2013

David Herman wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock<allen at wirfs-brock.com>  wrote:
>
>> Deleting Object.prototype.__proto__ will not be be specified as disabling {__proto__: foo}.
>
> Was that what we'd agreed to?

I think what Allen means is, whether or not there's a magic
Object.prototype.__proto__, you can define (as in [[DefineOwnProperty]])
a plain old data property (or an accessor, for that matter, just
different syntax) whose name is '__proto__' in an object literal.

This is specified by ES5, already.

/be