Modules: Curly Free

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:36:47 PDT 2013

> The cost of the former is born by everyone in a large-N community who must
> learn the "trivial convention". The cost of the latter is born by we few
> TC39ers and JS implementors, who can make that sacrifice.

Yeah, but it's a false dilemma, I think.  No trivial naming convention is
necessary, and no ad-hoc syntax is necessary.  Asking the developer to name
a thing with a well-chosen identifier is completely reasonable in my book.

Further: with the right syntax in place exporting more than one thing will
likely cease to be an anti-pattern.

Also, a proposal-gist of curly-free syntax and inline modules:

https://gist.github.com/zenparsing/5360205

{ Kevin }