First crack at a Streams proposal

Kevin Gadd kevin.gadd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 17:06:12 PDT 2013

If this is really about multiple-consumer streams, the semantics of this
proposed API are incredibly murky to me. What happens if each consumer
calls next()? Do they all get the same value out of their Future when it's
completed? Do they each randomly get one of the values pushed into the
stream? Is the stream implicitly required to buffer data in order to be
able to offer it at a slower rate to one consumer than it is offered to the
other consumers? Does each consumer have a different 'view' of the state of
the stream (i.e. its cancelled/ended state, when those concepts apply)?

-kg