First crack at a Streams proposal

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Mon Apr 15 15:40:45 PDT 2013

From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage at gmail.com]

> I do somewhat resent the implication that I invented something wholly new without drawing on any existing APIs.  I looked at the syntaxes of several similar APIs in other languages while designing this, and took lessons from them.

In that case I certainly apologize for my ignorance; I guess I'd never seen those existing APIs and thus, foolishly, assumed they were just your invention. Sorry about that.

It would probably be helpful to all involved to get pointers to these APIs, since for a task like this we'll need as much inspiration as possible. Currently Dart's streams and Node.js streams are what we are mostly looking at, so more sources are definitely welcome, especially if they have novel ideas like this but proven in the field of other languages.