First crack at a Streams proposal

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Mon Apr 15 14:36:25 PDT 2013

I think a large part of the confusion here is that when Tab says "streams" he really means "observables" or "signals." As you point out, this would be completely inappropriate as a stream API, as it does indeed ignore many of the lessons Node learned. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to draw on any of the existing observable or signal APIs that I've seen either, instead being some entirely new hybrid of promises and the nascent monads-in-JS movement.