A Precedent

Nathan Wall nathan.wall at live.com
Sun Apr 14 21:23:17 PDT 2013

Brendan Eich wrote:
> ... https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-February/028631.html
>
> It looks like the setter throws only if called on an object from a
> different "realm", so maybe it will work for your intended uses. It
> won't work cross-frame, in other words.
>
> /be

Great!  Will the setter be capable of setting the prototype on objects which don't inherit from `Object.prototype` (as long as they're in the same realm)?  If so, that would allow me to work around the majority of my problems from [1].  There are still some edge cases that couldn't be supported, but I'll be okay with that since they are really minor edge cases.

[1] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-March/029329.html

Nathan