What are Symbols? Objects? New primitive type?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sat Apr 13 11:51:52 PDT 2013

Claude Pache wrote:
> Therefore, I think we should make a rule: `new Primitive` should throw for primitive types

That's the plan for new value objects, e.g. int64 and uint64.

Further, for aggregates created by binary data (structs and typed
arrays) we have emerging consensus that new T(...) makes a mutable
aggregate while T(...) makes an immutable value object, which can be
optimized by VMs (e.g., stack allocation, hashcons'ing, etc.).