Coordination (was: ES6 Modules)

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Fri Apr 12 08:48:41 PDT 2013

>> The "DOM side" should all be subscribed to es-discuss and read it on a
>> regular basis. Additionally, our f2f meeting notes are a great way for them
>> to keep up to date, as well as providing a good jump off for questions and
>> concerns.
>
> Given the number of people working on platform APIs that "should"
> seems ever less likely to become a reality. We need a different
> strategy.

Parts of "the DOM side" have weekly summaries, eg

    http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/03/openweb-weekly-2013-03-24.html

Having such weeklies for all relevant spec groups, including TC39,
with specific feeds (not just part of general news feeds) and then a
feed aggregator on top (only for the various weeklies), might help
giving interested parties an idea of when to dive in where. It might
also establish a lower barrier on what "everyone" might be expected
to follow?

https://twitter.com/esdiscuss almost fits into that gap, but twitter
isn't quite the right format, and suitable editing & labeling are
needed to guide readers to the right firehose at the right time.

Claus