Are there any proposals for Tuples?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Apr 10 18:48:36 PDT 2013

Yeah, I wrote http://brendaneich.com/2011/01/harmony-of-my-dreams/ which
included tuples, but after an initially warm reception, TC39 settled
down to more incemental moves, and binary data emerged.

We've been thinking along the following lines since then, apologies for
brevity:

With new Uint32Array(4) you get a reference type instance. Just as with
typed arrays today, but same goes for structs as for arrays.

With Uint32Array(4) -- note lack of 'new' oeprator -- you would get an
immutable value type, which could be stack allocated if escape analysis
allows. This is for the VM to worry about. It's the JS way.

/be