Module Execution Order

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:46:10 PDT 2013

> > 2)  The execution order is then just a topological sort of the dependency
> > graph, breaking cycles where appropriate.  Is that correct?
>
> Yes.  Cycles are broken by reference to the order in which the
> relevant imports appear in the source of the importing module.

Mmmm...

In that case, I believe we can use nested (lexical) modules for
concatenation, and my previous critique doesn't hold.  To bundle some root
module R, we create a topological sort of R's dependencies, assign a unique
identifier to each dependency, and replace occurrences of module specifier
strings with the appropriate module identifier.

Does that sound right, or am I missing some point or use case?

{ Kevin }