Module Execution Order

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Apr 10 07:29:58 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Smith <zenparsing at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There seems to be some confusion here, because we've chosen the second
>> alternative.  Can you point to where you got the other impression?
>

> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:modules, under the section
> titled "Run-time execution":
>
>> Each externally-required module is executed the first time a module
>> binding requires it.

I can see why that's potentially confusing on this issue, but the
intent of that sentence is just to say that modules are executed as
part of the execution of the first module that imports them.  I'll see
if I can come up with a better phrasing, but the spec language will
obviously be much more precise.

Thanks for pointing this out,
Sam