Module loader

Brandon Benvie bbenvie at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 9 08:37:31 PDT 2013

On 4/9/2013 8:03 AM, David Bruant wrote:
> It would make using modules more annoying than script at src and the
> consequence of that could range from slowed-down adoption to people
> just never bothering transitioning to modules.

I agree. Requiring CORS for modules seems like almost a non-starter. The
backward-compatibility path of using scripts will have to exist
indefinitely into the future, and frankly CORS is a really hostile API
to use. I imagine requiring CORS will cripple uptake in any situation
where cross origin resources are needed, which is very often these days
with scripts.