When expecting a positive integer...

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 9 06:58:04 PDT 2013

Dmitry Lomov wrote:
> If people agree this is generally a thing to be avoided, I am happy to
> collect a systematic list of these issues and suggest fixes - but
> maybe I am missing something and that has some deep motivation?

No, please collect and file at bugs.ecmascript.org -- these are indeed
errors in the draft. We need to throw on negative length. We must *not*
spec clamping negative indexes to 0 at runtime. Other deviations from
Khronos and implementation need to be considered carefully in light of
performance and safety (which are not always at odds).

Thanks to you and Domenic for flagging.