ES6 Modules

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Apr 9 02:48:17 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> What in general are you thinking about for impact on other standards?

I'm wondering how compatible the semantics are with what's going on
today with e.g. <iframe> (considering the loader semantics). I'm
wondering how this will affect the definition of new platform APIs and
new JavaScript APIs and what would be considered "idiomatic" given
that this is completely different from anything we have today. And I'm
wondering that if we segment all platform APIs in a say a hundred
modules how many import statements the typical application will need
to use.

Having modules makes a ton of sense, but bolting on modules to a large
system that has none seems somewhat scary. Especially for it to be
designed by a small group without much input from the rest of the
system. I hope that makes sense.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/