Function name proposal writeup

Brandon Benvie bbenvie at mozilla.com
Thu Apr 4 13:03:34 PDT 2013

On 4/4/2013 12:47 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> What about function that are defined like:
>
> Date.myParse = function () {...}.

This brings up another point I wanted to address but didn't think to at
the time. It makes sense, since function names are being formalized, to
also specify how builtin functions are named. Generally it seems pretty
obvious: use the given name in the spec (following the rules, for
example, for accessors etc.). But it should probably be stated explicitly.

> ...If you have concrete ideas on how to actually write the
> specification using concepts from the ES6 spec. methodologies, feel
> free to share...

I was thinking about this while writing the proposal up for the wiki.
I'll put some time into coming up with ideas on how to do this.