parallel map and dot product

Norm Rubin nrubin at nvidia.com
Thu Apr 4 11:31:13 PDT 2013

I've started to read through the parallel JavaScript  proposal  and have a novice question
How would you write a dot product
Given:

P1 = parallelArray(1,2,3)
P2 = ParallelArray(4,5,6)

We want to compute
1*4 + 2*5 + 3*6

As far as I can tell, you need a reduce to do the sums, so you first need to construct
 P12 = ParallelArray(1*4, 2*5, 3*6)

Is there a way to generate this using map?