Object Literal Extensions

Brandon Benvie bbenvie at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 2 10:21:10 PDT 2013

Is there any collected reference to what's been accepted from Object
Literal Extensions [1]? There's definitely out of date stuff on there
and I'm not sure what things have been formally accepted (with
consensus) for ES6, which are generally assumed to be accepted for ES6,
and which are definitely not going to be for ES6. For example, object
literal property shorthands (method) seem like something that's
generally accepted to be in ES6 (people often use it in example code
here on es-discuss) but I can't find a reference to where it was
actually agreed upon.

Another related thing that's not at that page but is related is
shorthand object initializers, like `var a = 5, b = 10, x = { a, b }`
which I only see mentioned under the issues in [2]. This seems like an
easy feature for ES6 but I can't find any formal discussion of it.

The reason I ask is because I don't see bugs related to implementing any
of these features for either V8 or SpiderMonkey which leaves me
wondering what is intended to be in ES6.

[1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:object_literals
[2] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:destructuring