Traits - current state of discussion

Alex Russell slightlyoff at google.com
Sun Sep 23 10:56:10 PDT 2012

Once upon a time we actually had Traits in the pre-maxmin-classes
implementation in Traceur. We've removed it as the class proposal is now
radically different, but I'm hopeful that once classes are "baked", traits
will be one of the important improvements we can add quickly.

Getting there requires that we have a solid proposal, so perhaps the first
thing to do here is to look back at the trait syntax we had before, decide
what you did and didn't like, and work with us to come up with a new
straw-man for ES7. Once we've got something we like, we can prototype in
Traceur.

Sound good?