Generator issue: exceptions while initializing arguments

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:58:30 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Domenic Denicola <
domenic at domenicdenicola.com> wrote:

> And, if one replaced all `var`s in the above example with `let`s, one
> would get the desired error, right? To me the most important use cases to
> consider are those in an "idiomatic ES6" let-is-the-new-var world.

This is good opportunity to dispel the mythological "let is the the new
var" mantra. In the 1JS World (which trumps the "idiomatic ES6" world),
"var" is still very much in the game, as is function scope. "let is the new
let" correctly describes "let" presence the 1JS world, where "let" exists
to add a new block scope contours.

Rick