Typo in direct proxy proposal for the apply trap

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:09:19 PDT 2012

Le 02/09/2012 23:13, Brandon Benvie a écrit :
> The use of the term receiver is somewhat misleading when put next to
> the receiver in the get and set traps. For get and set the receiver is
> always the proxy unless it's an object that has the proxy as its
> [[prototype]]. For function invocation the receiver is the callsite
> object which is never going to be the proxy itself (unless you did
> something like fnproxy.call(fnproxy).
Indeed. I spent some time yesterday playing with the direct proxy
Firefox implementation and adjusting the Proxy doc on MDN [1] (which is
why I spammed es-discuss with proxy-related topics).
I chose not to use "receiver" in the doc, but "thisValue" instead.

David

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Proxy