Request for feedback on a talk on I'm giving on ES6

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:58:51 PDT 2012

Hi Domenic,

I'm not sure it's that important to talk about weaksets *and* weakmap. One
or the other is enough assuming you've talked about maps and sets
beforehand.
In several slides, I see that you're using the following form:

    var empireJS = {
        preParty(){ // <-- this
            console.log('');

What's the strawman related to this form? Is there an implementation of it
in engines?
I watch pretty much every presentation on ES6 that ends up in my Twitter
stream and I don't recall seeing this form in presentations much. I however
think it should be more heavily advertised. It's one way to get shorter
functions that is not controversial :-)

Slide 14, extracting the log function doesn't work in Chrome, but does in
Firefox. It might be safer to show a slide with console.log.bind(console)

For proxies, at the end, I would stick with the target/handler terminology
for the sake of sharing a common terminology.

Otherwise, I like your slides. I really like how you've separated the
different features, especially the "Magic" section :-)

David