Request for feedback on a talk on I'm giving on ES6

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Sun Oct 21 10:46:19 PDT 2012

(Attempting to send again with fewer URLs to avoid being spam-filtered? Apologies if this shows up twice.)

On Monday I'll be giving a talk about ES6 at EmpireJS. I just finished up my slides, and would love some feedback and critique from the es-discuss crew:

https://jh2kcg.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pLp4Fh3CL9rp5A__EenS-TzdbQJMwG8IeIzQ_aRUbd6GakGmTcdBxx9Ec5SpKyfdHrDF0lFXr9sGfQJJVswnNAw/ES6%20is%20Nigh.pdf

The slides consist primarily of code examples of almost every new feature, so accuracy checks and ES6-idiomaticness-improvements would be very helpful.

It has way too many slides for 30 minutes, so I'll be cutting large swathes of it to focus on those I classify as least-known but most-powerful. Nevertheless, feedback on all the slides would be lovely, given that I'll be using the rest of them in longer-form talks elsewhere. I also plan on submitting the code examples for inclusion in Dave's new wiki, or using them in other educational outreach efforts (e.g. blog posts), or even in a mini test suite so we can see how Chrome and Firefox's current implementations compare to the specced behavior.