ES accessor usage guidelines (Was: Map/Set.prototype.size)

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:18:35 PDT 2012

2012/10/15 Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org>

> * get/set accessor may have effects on 'set' (see the DOM) but only on the
> receiver object (and unobservably,

I think that "unobservably" will be very hard (if not impossible in most
cases) to achieve with proxies.
"Unobservable except to the receiver handler if the receiver is a proxy"
sounds like a more achievable constraint.

> any children that become garbage, e.g. when trimming .length on an
> array-like).

I'm not sure I understand this part. Did you finish your sentence? What
does "children" mean here?

Otherwise, I agree with the rest.

David