Modules, Concatenation, and Better Solutions

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:31:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

With modules, we're going to see code broken up into more and smaller
files, which directly opposes the desire to minimize the number of HTTP
round-trips.  On solution is concatenation, but if I'm not mistaken there
are potential order-of-execution issues with that approach.  Another
(possibly better?) approach would be to bundle groups of modules (and
resources) into some compressed container format (like zip) and serve that
directly to the client.

This goes beyond es-discuss, I imagine, but is there a list where such
things are discussed?

Kevin