Public communication channels (was: Mootools and String.prototype.contains)

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 08:52:28 PDT 2012

2012/10/13 Alex Russell <slightlyoff at google.com>

> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since it's in such an early stage and it's not really well-known and
>> well-established, is webplatform.org the right place to do a PSA as you
>> suggest?
>>

> Do you have a different suggesetion?

Where would have that happened before webplatform.org?
The answer to your question was the next sentense

It's hard to think of a place that will predictably see more traffic from
> folks writing libraries and such in the future. We can always add such a
> thing to the new ES wiki, I suppose.
>

>> Dev evangelists could just write blogposts on the topic. It would have
>> much more impact in my opinion.
>>
> Mozilla has hacks, Microsoft has the IEBlog, Google has HTML5Rocks, Opera
has its dev blog, Facebook does too and so on... These channels worked well
to announce webplatform.org. Why wouldn't they for the PSA you talked about?

David