Public communication channels (was: Mootools and String.prototype.contains)

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 04:34:56 PDT 2012

2012/10/12 Alex Russell <slightlyoff at google.com>

> I feel like there's as PSA we should write over on webplatform.org for
> library authors about how to not be future hostile.

Some context for those who wouldn't have followed.

The W3C, major (western?) browser makers, Nokia, Facebook, HP, Adobe (and
probably others?) [1] have launched a new documentation platform this week
called webplatform.org
It's a wiki (based on MediaWiki, which is Wikipedia's engine). I think the
content is CC-BY-licenced (though I haven't found the confirmation on the
website itself).
WebPlatform.org is in alpha stage for now [2].

Since it's in such an early stage and it's not really well-known and
well-established, is webplatform.org the right place to do a PSA as you
suggest?
Dev evangelists could just write blogposts on the topic. It would have much
more impact in my opinion.

The level of cooperation and coordination of the different actors around
webplatform.org has been impressive. Until webplatform.org reaches a
sufficient level of maturity, maybe there is something to leverage if we
want any sort of PSA to be efficiently received.

David

[1] http://www.webplatform.org/stewards/
[2] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:FAQ