Cross-frame symbols

Alex Russell slightlyoff at google.com
Fri Oct 12 10:11:50 PDT 2012

It's unclear how we could possibly do this for anything but built-ins, and
even there it's iffy. What if someone extends you builtin's prototype in
one frame but not the other?

Anyhow, this all bottoms out at object identity. Functions are objects, and
declaring identically named objects in different scripting contexts doesn't
make the same object. To get there, you need some iron-clad notion of
"sameness". Inventing it is fraught. My recommendation is to use frames a
chunky barriers through which you do IPC, not fine-grained object
boundaries over which you call local methods.