Cross-frame symbols

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Oct 12 09:21:13 PDT 2012

I’m not sure that I don’t understand all the issues involved, but making symbols global just for cross-frame communication seems like an extreme measure. If that is possible, it would be great if we could fix cross-frame communication completely – also for instanceof, not just for symbols.

Does it make sense to view this as a serialization problem? One faces the same problem as in sending an object over a wire: If you create new Foo() at one end, you want that object to be instanceof Foo at the other end.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de