Method definitions in classes/objects

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Mon Oct 8 10:54:36 PDT 2012

Kevin Smith wrote:
> Also, if concise methods introduce a binding, then there's the hazard
> that an outer binding of the same name will get unintentionally shadowed.

I have to agree with Kevin and I think Allen: the |this| binding
requirement means defining the *method* name as a free variable
misleads. It can only be used correctly in general after "this." or
"other.", so we should not translate concise method definitions to
property definitions of named function expressions.