Symbols, Protocols, Frames, and Versioning

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sat Oct 6 14:53:46 PDT 2012

David Bruant wrote:
> Assuming every set of frame is a tree, maybe an HTML attribute could
> define a script source which defines a module loader for how modules are
> being imported in the iframe?

It's not all frames, even now. window.open can target existing windows
as well as create new ones (subject to target name visibility rules),
so: graph not tree.

If we want to work on HTML/JS embedding extensions, we should use
public-script-coord. Best to have a more detailed proposal in hand to
discuss.