Test for [[Construct]] invocation (was: Re: Must built-inprototypes also be valid instances? (Was: Why DataView.prototypeobject's [[Class]] is "Object"?))

Uli Riehm uli.riehm at metadea.de
Tue Oct 2 20:40:03 PDT 2012

You ask jS how I do ask a class function: if (config is instanceof V.Construction)
return; - please read how I'm doing such a class function:
http://metadea.de/V/default.aspx#V_construct_and_your_class

It's really the only function syntax to do real OOP, in javaScript. I'd like
to fork Function function but the main functionality is to check if it
prototypes (prototyping), if it returns itself, undefined or throws an
exception (functioning) or the function constructs the object instance
(constructing). Read!

/Uli