a new ES6 spec. draft dis available

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:06:55 PDT 2012

> I think I'm going to trying to fit all the moving parts of the Proxy
> mechanism (other than the more general Reflect module) into a single
> subsection of chapter 15.

That makes sense. From the top of my head, the only other places where
proxies intervene substantially in the spec are:
- the big refactoring of some Object internal methods ([[Get]], [[Put]],
[[CanPut]] etc.).
- built-ins like Object.keys that in ES5 didn't dispatch to a built-in
[[Method]] need to either a) test and branch on Proxy arguments explicitly
or b) be rewritten to dispatch to a new built-in that proxies then
implement differently. I take it you prefer b) (as was done with
[[Enumerate]]). I prefer b) as well.

Cheers,
Tom