Object.observe inital polyfill

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:14:47 PST 2012

wraped VS wrapped ... also setInterval there accepts arguments after the
delay so no need to use 2 functions

setInterval(theInternalFn, 100, wraped); // changed with the proper name or
... you know what? no need at all to pass the argument, isn't it, the
function is already in the same outer scope than wrapped is.

Minor things like this a part, the polling is a no-go, imho, as you might
miss changes in the middle that were absolutely fundamental for your logic,
i.e. resetting something when size = 0; or stuff like that.

Last, but not least, if this script is for node.js only or modern browsers,
the best way to implement observe() is via Proxy, changing only one thing:
you need to re address and use the observed object rather than use the
normal one.

Last, but not least, I was working on some alternative solution based on
get/set thought, able to bring this stuff in ES3 capable environments too.
Maybe we can share some thoughts on it a part.

br