Copy private symbols from one object to another

Nathan Wall nathan.wall at live.com
Sun Nov 25 16:11:16 PST 2012

Given the commonness of mixing one object into another, I was wondering how this would work with private symbols -- considering methods will expect to find those symbols on the objects on which they are called. Has there been any discussion about providing a way to copy private symbols "under the hood", so-to-speak, without having to know the symbols and without having them exposed? I imagine proxies might pose quite a problem to the second part, but I was just wondering if this problem had been addressed or if the mixin+symbol combo is just to be avoided.