Support for basic linear algebra on Array's

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 19 02:57:44 PST 2012

Douglas Crockford wrote:
> Or we could put more methods on Array.prototype like .add(a), .mul(a),
> .dot(a), .cross(a). And more functions on Array like .identity(n) and
> .matrix(m, n, value).

This seems like something for library authors to try, using ES5 to make
the method additions non-enumerable. But it still runs afoul of the
reality that developers want operators, or else they not only face
productivity taxes -- they don't even use the right value types! Again:

http://www.jroller.com/cpurdy/entry/the_seven_habits_of_highly1