"no strict"; directive

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:44:29 PST 2012

I wonder if there is any plan to allow a chunk of code to disable for its
own closure purpose a previously called "use strict"; directive.

This is about the ability to use, when not possible otherwise, some good
old feature such caller which is impossible to replicate when use strict is
in place.

I am talking about arguments.callee, I am talking about caller.

This could be useful to plug-in on demand the possibility to debug or
enhance possibilities through code considered harmful but actually
absolutely necessary in certain circumstances ( included the with statement
).

I know it's not new that someone wrote "don't use strict"; somewhere ...
but this is not funny anymore in certain projects that would like to be
included even in a script which logic is entirely under "use strict";
directive ( plug-ins etc )

Thanks