Array.prototype.contains

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 8 15:44:49 PST 2012

On 11/03/2012 11:06 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de <mailto:axel at rauschma.de>> wrote:
>>     (I am still sad we did not fix indexOf, lastIndexOf, and switch when we arguably had the chance.)
>
>     Can you elaborate? We don’t have the chance, any more? Would anything break (or did, in tests)?
>
> I am not aware of anyone gathering any evidence one way or the other about what breakage this might cause. So it is not necessarily too late. If someone does gather actual evidence that the breakage would be small enough, I could see us reconsider this. But I doubt we would revisit in the absence of such evidence.

Just to note, there was a (at least this one) long thread on the topic (well, not including switch -- I don't remember a thread that considered changing switch) back in the day, if someone's invested enough in this to read it.

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es5-discuss/2009-August/003006.html

Jeff