Can we have Function.isPure(f)

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Wed Nov 7 13:26:46 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <
andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> my point on namespaces was this one: everyone want's to use jQuery, then
> underscore, then this or that ... then you need to be able to modify the
> white list.

Thanks for the clarification. jQuery and much else runs fine under SES, but
requires more mechanism than a simple rejection of code that refers to
global variables outside the whitelist. The basic confining-eval construct
in the current SES implementation is currently called cajaVM.compileExpr:

http://code.google.com/p/google-caja/source/browse/trunk/src/com/google/caja/ses/startSES.js#617

    cajaVM.compileExpr(src)(envObject)

will redirect all apparently global variable references in src into
property accesses on envObject. Yes, internally we use a "with" to
implement that, though other tricks are possible.

The only reason this is currently on "cajaVM" is that we're not yet ready
to propose a std SES API, since the current one is based only on ES5. In
std SES, this API would be provided by an ES6 module.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM