thoughts the (re)organization of the specification?

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 03:50:06 PDT 2012

> (...)
>
> Here is the new structure that I have in mind, with reference to existing ES5 (section numbers:)
>
> Introductory Material
>
> The ECMAScript Computational Engine
>
> The ECMAScript Programming Language
>
> The ECMAScript Standard Library (15)
>
> Annexes
I have come to an equivalent organisation when thinking about
reorganizing MDN JavaScript documentation.

> One of the issue is the correspondence between the spec. organization and the test262 organization.  We already have massive changes changes and the algorithm and algorithm set level that will impact test232, so I'm not sure that the higher level reorg that I'm thinking about would have that much more impact on it.
I'm not that worried about that aspect. IIRC, there will still be an
independent ES5 test suite, so it can follow ES5 chapter numbering,
while test262 for ES6 can follow the ES6 spec organisation.

David