[Map|Set|WeakMap].prototype.isEmpty()?

Nicholas C. Zakas standards at nczconsulting.com
Fri Nov 2 10:26:32 PDT 2012

I had mentioned this in passing in a previous email, but wanted to bring
it up again.

As I've been playing more with maps and sets, I've come to realize that
I do this a lot:

     //note: FF implementation
     if (set.size() === 0) { ... }

Basically, the only thing I've ever done with the size of one of these
structures is compare it against zero, meaning that I've only ever cared
if the structure was empty not necessarily how many items were contained
within.

I don't know if it's worthwhile or not, but I would personally love to
see isEmpty() as a method on Map, Set, and WeakMap (maybe Array and
String, too?). It seems to go along nicely with the clear() method on
Map, Set, and WeakMap.

-N