Property descriptors as ES6 Maps

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:31:38 PDT 2012

> The constructor I have proposed could have an equivalent initialization
> syntax.
> Object.defineProperty({}, 'a', PropDesc({value:42, writable:true}))

I see the merit in your proposal as making the Object->PropDesc conversion
explicit. However, I think it's too late for ES6: Object.defineProperty
must continue to accept Objects as its third argument, and that's even
shorter to write. So even if we would add such a PropDesc constructor, I
don't think most developers (including myself) would adapt.

Cheers,
Tom