TC39 bashing

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed May 9 22:14:44 PDT 2012

> What is the goal of this?

I wanted to give positive feedback to the TC39 work (didn’t want the negative feedback to be the only one) and wanted to mention ideas for improvement.

> To be honest, creating better ways for developers to get directly involved in this process is a bad idea. [...] Let's not delude ourselves in to thinking that the only barrier to being a part of the current process is technical and can be solved with indexing or a bulletin board.

I agree that involving developers directly is a bad idea (that’s what I meant when I said that upsetting people is unavoidable and that design by popular vote is not a good approach). Most of the time, a forum would indicate what needs to be explained better – features that people misunderstand. It would also allow people to disagree with something without having to go to es-discuss and sending an email.

+1 to the following idea.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de