March 29 meeting notes

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sat Mar 31 00:44:54 PDT 2012

David Herman wrote:
> As I've said before, this uses "from" inconsistently -- it muddles the difference between binding a name to an external module (module x from "foo.js") and binding a name to a specific export of an external module (import x from "foo.js").

Another point of view: "from" says go get it if you don't have it.
"module" says the module body is what you get. "import" says bind
exports from the designated module in the current block scope.

In this light "from" can't be read by itself, you have to look for the
leading "module" or "import". But maybe that's better than using
something static or passive such as "at" instead?