arrow function syntax simplified

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Mar 28 14:03:35 PDT 2012

Luke Hoban wrote:
> Yeah - I followed the earlier discussion on the data Kevin gathered, which is great input.  From the spreadsheet linked in Kevin's mail above, it looks like 81% of function expressions had statement bodies, and>50% did not reference this.  While these were cast as BTF candidates, they are also just as much candidates for benefitting from no-frills function shorthand.

That's not clear at all. How many of those <50% that do reference |this|
want unbound |this| -- making sure that you take out those covered by
method definition shorthands?

Two days ago, Kevin reiterated "[t]he precise way to say it would be
that ~90% of function expressions in the code I analyzed were either
object literal methods or did not depend on dynamic |this|."