arrow function syntax simplified

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Mar 28 08:26:48 PDT 2012

> On the other hand, failing to bind 'this' is something that I believe every single JS developer hits routinely. It has cost them time to recognize and recover. The net advantage of a better bind mechanism still depends upon many issues, but this problem has much bigger impact that eight vs two characters.

+1

And things should be brain-dead simple. That’s what I liked about block lambdas: No need to understand what bound/lexical `this` actually is, things just worked. With two arrows where each one has different rules (e.g. regarding the body), things are becoming much more complicated.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de