arrow function syntax simplified

Kevin Smith khs4473 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:36:51 PDT 2012

> But aren't non-BTFs rare based on your (revised and original) measurements?

When you take out the object literal methods, that's right.

The precise way to say it would be that ~90% of function expressions in the
code I analyzed were either object literal methods or did not depend on
dynamic |this|.

That's exactly the reason I'm suggesting lexically bound |this| for "->"
functions, because outside of "methods" (which already have shorter syntax,
either via object literal extensions or classes), there doesn't appear to
be a great need for function expressions with dynamic |this|.

kevin